"I shot my wife... prove it."

Fracture (2007)
Directed by Gregory Hoblit, rated R, 113 minutes

Fracture is a flawed, but devilishly interesting and engrossing crime thriller about a successful young attorney who believes he has an easy case of a man attempting to kill his wife. But the husband proves to be intelligent and manipulative foe. Anthony Hopkins is simply fun to watch as he channels a bit of Hannibal Lecter, and Ryan Gosling proves he's one of the better young actors. The story is always exciting, and watching Hopkins' character toy with the prosecution never gets old. Fracture isn't a groundbreaking film, but it hits all its marks and ends up being a very fun cat and mouse thriller. You'll like it if: You like cat and mouse stories, courtroom dramas, neo-noir thrillers, The Silence of the Lambs, Primal Fear or Seven.


1 comment:

  1. That was almost my exact thoughts on this movie. I actually only watched it to begin with because I admire Anthony Hopkins and Ryan Gosling greatly. And I have a soft spot for mysterious thrillers. Really good review to a most excellent movie :)

    ReplyDelete