Clint Eastwood Impresses Even When Little Else Does

Gran Torino (2008)
Directed by Clint Eastwood, rated R, 116 minutes

Gran Torino is an entertaining and inspiring film, that is held back by some poor writing and acting. The film is about a disgruntled old man who attempts to reform a Hmong teen, after the teen tries to steal his prized car. Director and star Clint Eastwood is great, delivering a realistic and likable performance, and the direction is probably the best part of the film. The story is interesting and has a great ending, but the dialogue is hit and miss, and the story is over the top at times. Gran Torino is a likable but very unsubtle film, that will entertain some with it's absorbing story, but bore others. You'll like it if: You like revenge movies, movies about racism, Clint Eastwood, Unforgiven.

1 comment:

  1. Wow. I haven't seen this movie-but I've heard good and bad reviews for it. My reall comment has to deal with the low number of bad movie reviews. only 2 films with a 1.5 rating? 0 with a 1? Come on let's get more critical!! haha, I suppose I'm coming across as pretty negative-but I just like hearing about movies that people hated!

    ReplyDelete